- strange bedfellows
- "Буря", см. Shakespeare's words and phrases1) у Шекспира
Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows — В нужде с кем не поведешься2) полит. альянсы, коалиции, "сожительства" (причем иногда присутствует "постельная" коннотация)
1. Politics makes strange bedfellows.
2. President Jacques Chirac and newly-elected Prime Minister Lionel Jospin make uneasy bedfellows (Time).
The English annotation is below. (English-Russian). 2003.
Смотреть что такое "strange bedfellows" в других словарях:
Strange bedfellows — The idiomatic English expession strange bedfellows is used in reference to situations wherein political or other mutual interests can bring together people who otherwise have little in common. This saying is taken from a line in The Tempest by… … Wikipedia
Strange Bedfellows — Filmdaten Deutscher Titel: Schräge Bettgesellen Originaltitel: Strange Bedfellows Produktionsland: Australien Erscheinungsjahr: 2004 Länge: 97 Minuten Originalsprache: Englisch … Deutsch Wikipedia
strange bedfellows — noun An unusual combination or political alliance Misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows … Wiktionary
strange bedfellows — This expression refers to the unusual or unlikely association of two or more people, companies or states. A car manufacturer and a bakery strange bedfellows don t you think? … English Idioms & idiomatic expressions
Strange Bedfellows (1965 film) — Strange Bedfellows is 1965 American comedy film directed by Melvin Frank and starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Gig Young and Terry Thomas. [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058621/] A wealthy American and a bohemian Italian woman meet in… … Wikipedia
Strange Bedfellows (2004 film) — Infobox Film name = Strange Bedfellows image size = caption = director = Dean Murphey producer = Thomas Augsberger writer = Stewart Faichney Dean Murphy narrator = starring = Paul Hogan Michael Caton music = cinematography = Roger Lanser Sean… … Wikipedia
politics makes strange bedfellows — Politics has long been considered a plural noun; its use with a singular verb is comparatively recent. A well established variant of adversity makes strange bedfellows. 1839 P. HONE Diary 9 July (1927) I. 404 Party politics, like poverty, bring… … Proverbs new dictionary
adversity makes strange bedfellows — While the underlying idea remains the same, there has always been some variation in the first word of the proverb: see also politics makes strange bedfellows. 1611 SHAKESPEARE Tempest II. ii. 37 My best way is to creep under his gaberdine; there… … Proverbs new dictionary
misery acquaints a man with strange bedfellows — Meaning Origin From Shakespeare s The Tempest … Meaning and origin of phrases
misery makes strange bedfellows — distress brings people together who normally wouldn t associate with one another … English contemporary dictionary
strange — see adversity makes strange bedfellows politics makes strange bedfellows fact is stranger than fiction truth is stranger than fiction … Proverbs new dictionary
- The Handbook of Portfolio Mathematics. Formulas for Optimal Allocation&Leverage, Ralph Vince. The Handbook of Portfolio Mathematics«For the serious investor, trader, or money manager, this book takes a rewarding look into modern portfolio theory. Vince introduces a leverage-space… Подробнее Купить за 7414.5 руб электронная книга
- Saturday Night Fever Pitch, . 'I like nice clothes, whether they're dodgy or not.'David Beckham Author Simon Doonan has two passions in life: Fashion and Football. At one time these two obsessions would have made very… Подробнее Купить за 1961 руб